GRE or the Graduate Record Examination is a crucial exam that you have to qualify if you have a dream of pursuing higher education outside India. The GRE will assess your aptitude in majorly two sections- English (VR+ WA) and Mathematics (QR). The English have further two sections, Verbal Reasoning (VR) which tests your vocabulary skills and Writing Analysis (WA) which assesses your English proficiency skills.
It is also very important to score well in the GRE to avail maximum scholarship amount and study in your dream University. To achieve a top grade, it is advisable to opt for training institutes from where you can learn from the best faculty and gain an idea about the ongoing GRE trend. For example, if you are from Bangalore, you can find an institute around you by searching for GRE training institutes Bangalore. You will get a list of all the available institutes and choose the one which suits your purpose.
If you do not have time to attend classes of any institute and yet you want to prepare for GRE, you can appoint a GRE tutor who will guide you with the preparation. You can look up for GRE tutor Bangalore and can contact any two of them who will help you strengthen your two areas of VR and QR for GRE.
The admissions occur twice a year in all the Universities. Make sure you have 4-5 months extra to prepare well for GRE before you appear for the final one. If you want, you can also avail intense in-depth 9 months GRE courses to level up your preparation. It is ideal to start preparing for GRE in the last year of your graduation or post-graduation degree to prevent year lags in between.
Why is it important to enrol in training institutes or seek help from a tutor?
- The GRE syllabus is vast. Your institute/tutors will help you to break down the syllabus into short-term goals which will be easier for you to grasp and score better.
- Your subject tutors are experienced and will help you in the best possible way to ace the VR and QR section.
- The institute, as well as the tutor, will provide you with personalized attention and help you improve on your weaker areas.
- Practical drills or workshops will help you to brainstorm and figure out various solutions which will facilitate your learning. Engaging in discussions with other students will help you to learn and study more and foster healthy competition.
- Your institute/tutor will help you appear for various mock tests before you appear for the final GRE. Through the mocks, you can get an idea about the question pattern and learn to answer faster by mastering the skill of time management.
- They will also provide you with online lecture videos or pdf from which you can learn about topics which seems a bit difficult or disinteresting to you. This will simplify things and help you to understand better.
Therefore, the coaching institutes or the GRE tutors will provide you with the best training which is essential and mandatory before you face the final GRE.