Are you suffering from recurring stomach upset, indigestion, bloating or vomiting? There’s a good reason you shouldn’t ignore it. You could be suffering from gastritis.At Veddhama, we imbibe the basic principles of Ayurveda by considering each individual and their Ayurveda treatment Chandigarh as unique and treat each disease from all perspective.
Although symptoms like stomach upset, bloating and indigestion are common in those who regularly resort to spicy, junk food and absolutely do not care about their eating habits, these symptoms can often imply a deeper problem like gastritis.
Gastritis is a form of inflammation that affects the mucosal lining of the stomach. It often starts as an irritation that can occur suddenly or gradually progress. It often starts as an irritation or that over time can lead to chronic inflammation.
Amla –pitta can be considered under, Gastric problems/ Hyperacidity / GERD /Heartburn/Acid peptic disorder. Gastritis is an inflammation, Irritation or erosions of lining of stomach caused due to abnormal secretions of gastric and pancreatic enzyme.
The most common gastritis symptoms include
- Stomach pain– as the stomach is inflamed, pain is common. This can vary in severity. Indigestion may also occur which can give rise to heartburn
- Loss of appetite– you may find you feel full after only a very small amount of food
- Nausea or vomiting– you may feel nauseous or even experience vomiting in severe episodes
- Indigestion– indigestion literally means ‘improper digestion’ and can indicate the stomach is distressed
- Blood in vomit or in stools– if inflammation is causing the stomach to bleed this can appear in vomit or as the blood travels through the digestive system, stools can appear black and tarry.
Symptoms in Ayurveda
हृत्कण्ठदाहारुचिभिश्चाम्लपित्तंवदेद्द्भिषक्॥(मानि५१/२ , भा . चि२०/२)
- अविपाक- Indigestion of food
- क्लम- Tiredness
- उत्क्लेश- Regurgitation of food
- तिक्ताम्लोद्गार- Belching
- गौरवैः- Heaviness
- हृत्कण्ठदाह- Burning sensation in heart and throat
- अरुचि- Tastelessness
Root Causes of Gastritis
- Dietetic indiscretion
- Habitual overeating of badly combinedor improperly cooked foods
- Excessive intake of strong tea, coffee or alcoholic drinks
- Habitual use of large quantities of condiments and sauces
- Other causes include worry, anxiety, grief and prolonged tension
- Use of certain drugs, strong acids and caustic substances
- Infection caused by the bacteria known as Helicobacter pylori(H. pylori)
- Nutrition deficiencies (including being deficient in Vitamin B12, magnesium, calcium, zinc and selenium)
- Eating disorders like bulimia nervosa, which are characterized by vomiting or taking purgatives
- Pernicious anemia, which inhibits the correct absorption of Vitamin B12 and affects the stomach lining
- Other issues affecting the digestive system, like bile reflux, food allergies, autoimmune disorders or viral infections like HIV and herpes
- Bile reflux – when bile flows back into the stomach from the valve that connects the liver and the gall bladder
Causes in Ayurveda
ViruddhaAhara : (Incompatible foods), DustaAhara ( Polluted Food ) , AtyamlaAhara(Sour substances), VidahiAhara (Spicy food), PittalaAhara (Pitta prakopakaAhara), Increased PittajaAhara and Vihara (Habits)- Improper sleep , lesser intake of food ,dry food , untimely food , repeated food intake.
- Prakriti analysis of the patient
- ABHYANTARA CHIKITSA (INTERNAL TREATMENT ):
Langana :Abstinence from food is called Langhana.
Snehana : Intake of medicated oils /ghee.
Svedana : Fomentation given prior Vamana procedure .
Vamana: is given after the snehana&svedana. Vamana is nothing but emesis. Vomiting is induced by giving medicines to rectify the doshas present in upper Gastro Intestinal tract.
- Conservative line of management is followed , if patient is not fit for panchakarma , PatoladiKwatha , Hingwastakachoorna , EladiKwathaetc using , can be prescribed.
DO’S AND DON’T’S IN AMLAPITTA:
As in ayurveda, Amlapitta/Gastritis, is considered among one of the Pittajadisorders , Diet plan which is followed in Pittaja disorders goes the same .
godhuma : Wheat
mudga : Green gram
purana raktashaali – Old rice which is stored from long time
Jalani taptasheetani –Warm water
karkotakam – Balsam pear
karvella- Bitter Gourd
Rambhapushpa- Inflorescence of plantain
Vastukam – Cucumber
VruddhaKushmanda –Matured cucumber
Patola- Matured Ashgourd
Daadima – Pomogrenate
The plants which reduces Kapha and pitta must be consumed
Tila : Seasame seed
Masha – Black gram
Kulattha – horse Gram
Avidugdha – Sheeps milk
Dhanyamla – Sour Gruel
Lavana- Amla ,Katuka – Foods with salty sour & and pungent foods .
Gurvanna – Heavy Food
Dadhi – curd
Madhya – Alcohol
More Related Health