Common plant found in Indian households is Tulsi leaves also called as Basil leaves (Biological Name: Ocimum tenuiflorum). Tulsi plants are referred for their divine properties and followed by many religions for its specialty of belief. Tulsi is a plant where each of its part has enormous value not only in a religious was but also in the field of medication and cooking.
Tulsi is called as “Queen of Herbs” and found in India from 5000 years and popularly known for its heating effect of the mind, spirit and body. There are enormous uses of Basil Leaves, some of them are noted down below.
1) Skin Care Benefits of Tulsi: Tulsi has enormous uses in skin treatment. For Skin and hair treatment tulsi is endowed with antiseptic and purifying qualities.
- Eliminates Pimples and Acnes- It works great whether you eat raw leaves or apply paste on the face. It prevents acnes and pimples by purifying the blood from toxins.
- Lightens Scars and Marks- To get a clean and even skin tone tulsi and besan face pack is very popular.
- Young and Fresh look- Antioxidants present in tulsi makes you fresh and look younger.
- Tighten Skin pores- Make a face pack using 1 egg white and Tulsi leaves paste. Apply the paste on the face and rub it gently. After 20min wash your face. Tulsi has many other properties like it heals wounds, cuts and burns, Relieves skin irritation, Cures Ringworms etc.
2) Health benefits of Tulsi:
Tulsi has endless value, in Ayurveda it is called as destroyer of all the doshas. Benefits of tulsi are many and many people chew raw leaves every day to stay healthy and fit. Tulsi leaves re-energize and rejuvenate person body. Few uses of Tulsi plant are: Fever and Common cold- preventive method for Malaria and Dengue fever is tender tulsi leaves boiled in water.
- Cough and Respiratory Problems- Chewing Tulsi leaves slowly reduce cough and flu. In case of sore throat tulsi leaves boiled with water can be taken. It also reduces asthma attacks.
- Heart Disorder- Tulsi contains Vitamin-C and other anti-oxidants such as Eugenol and it can also reduce Blood Pressure which is very helpful for Heart Patients.
- Teeth Disorder- Dried and powdered tulsi leaves can be used for brushing teeth or it can be mixed with mustered oil and used as toothpaste every day which helps clean the teeth and kill 99% of the germs and bacteria found in mouth.
- Diabetes- Tulsi helps in controlling blood sugar level in a person.
- Helps in Quit Smoking- If you are trying to quit smoking then tulsi is one of the best remedies you can find. Instead of nicotine gums keep a handful of tulsi leaves in your pocket and chew whenever you feel to smoke. The anti-oxidants actually undo the damage done by years of smoking. Uses of Tulsi are enormous.